Ah I’m so excited I found a not-so-complicated way to make a tutorial on these tassels! I’ve made tons of tassel earrings before, but there was never had it down to a complete “science” or sequence of steps to write down. Instead, I just kind of
wing it have my own secret formula. Like major top secret, higher than the Krabby Patty formula’s secret…
But instead of working on the things that I can’t write about, let’s focus on what I can write about – these adorable tassel power bank keychains. Of course these can be used as a regular keychain, but why stop there? After a bit of thought of where else these would be perfect, I arrived at the simple idea of putting them on NCAA clear purses in your perspective collegiate colors, to embrace your school spirit and preserve your phone’s battery. Fun little addition right?
It’s not an insane revolution, it’s simple but they still adds a little spark they’re easy to make, AND they charge your phone. So why not jump on the tassel-train and add these bright chains onto your transparent arena-regulated bag? Also you know you or someone in your squad encounters a near-dead phone panic at least once every game day.
It’s effortless to make and you can substitute some of my supplies for things you have around your house. Behind each of my supplies I’ll leave a note marker – like “*”, and below that, you’ll see the corresponding footnote for substitutes. Easy as
these tassel keychains pie. Except the power bank, I don’t know what could be substituted for that tbh…
- Power bank (Target, Walmart, Amazon…)
- Hot glue gun or E6000
- Short phone charging cord (or long, but that might get annoying)
- Key chain thingys**
*STRIPS OF FABRIC, TRIM OR STRING FROM THE YARN SECTION AT CRAFT STORES WILL WORK AS WELL, BUT LEATHER IS THE MOST STRUCTURED AND WILL HAVE THE LONGEST LIFE SPAN
**LIKE KEY RING THINGS THAT YOU CAN USE TO MAKE A SPINELESS BINDER, THE HOOK, ETC… I RECOMMEND JUST USING THE REMNANTS OF AN OLDER KEY CHAIN YOU NO LONGER USE. OTHERWISE, CHECK YOUR LOCAL CRAFT STORE FOR THESE BITS AND PIECES
- Measure out 2 pieces of leather (or your substitute material) that will wrap entire around the power bank – like a pig in a blanket and set both pieces aside
- Cut a skinny, longish strip for the top of the power bank/keychain, feed it through your key chain pieces and carefully glue onto either sides of the power bank using your hot glue gun or E6000; BE SURE TO HAVE THE CHARGING PORT/USB SIDE ON THE BOTTOM, SO IT’LL BE EASY TO PLUG IN THE ACCORDING CORDS LATER
- Once dried, wrap the “pig in a blanket” (aka, your power bank in one of the pieces of leather you cut in step 1)
- Carefully glue it down, as tightly as you can, securing the “handle” part even more as you glue it down
- Taking scissors, vertically cut 3/4 of the way up the second piece of leather you cut in step 1, creating the tassels
- Glue the top part of the tassel cut piece of fabric down to the top of the power bank, let completely dry
- Hook it on your keys, game day purse, or both and don’t worry about your phone dying
Ta-da, easy and simple. But what if you still don’t feel up to making one? Well I guess it’s a good thing that it’s time for a….
G I V E A W A Y
Yes indeed – it’s been a hot minute since we’ve done this, but hey why not. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Tag three friends in a comment on our Instagram picture – CLICK HERE to go straight to it
Here’s also a picture of the picture (hahaha…), so you “like” the correct one on Instagram
Yep, that’s it.
And your entered! You now have a chance to win a FREE COLLEGIATE COLORED POWER BANK! And yes, the collegiate color will be of your choosing.
Share with friends, get the word out and get excited – free things are always a reason to celebrate.
Until next time, GEAUX TIGERS!
Are you following us?!