This is quick DIY since I had chapter tonight – but totally useful for all the Mardi Gras & Debutante balls coming around these days. I attended my first of the season last weekend, Karnival Krewe de Louisiane, and it was a B L A S T. Only negative? I had the most basic purse there, and it didn’t even really match what I was wearing… And I think I saw it two more times on other gals there. So I knew I was trendy, but bland and conforming to what everyone else had? Not my style.
Thus I wondered… what ever happened to monogram leather envelope purses? Too far? Yeah I know that trend faded, and that’s okay… no offense to anyone who still rocks it #youdoyouboo – but not my style either. So back to the drawing board. What a more conventional way to find my purse amongst purses, that’s also modern, chic and still cute? Also a DIY at the same time?! Gotta love where this is dead. So I present, the DIY acrylic box purse WITH my name AND UNDER $15. Oh, yes ma’am, it’s on.
- Acrylic box purse (Amazon – under $10 with that prime shipping!)
- Name decal (Etsy – under $5 from various sellers!)
- Cleaner, Windex or Clorox Wipes because these bad boys do smudge
- Order your goodies – even with the hectic, bizarre ice/snow storm here, it all got to me within a week
- Peel off the clear protector adhesives on the outside of the square box purse
- Wipe down the box with cleaner, don’t touch it again or you’ll have to re-wipe it down again
- Peel the backing off the decal, apply carefully so it’s evenly across the middle
- Take a credit card, apply with some strength to get out air bubbles and stick the letters to the purse
- Remove the clear protectant over the letters, and boom! Done and beautiful
And zing – I’m ready to roll next weekend for Romany!
Until next time, laissez les bon temps rouler!
Are you following us?!