Crossing my fingers my mom does not read this post early, and with her crazy schedule today I think that my prayers will be answered. I had to share this fun and really not that hard hand painted floral gift. This tutorial also goes for pretty much any kind of wooden or whatever material you’re using that you want to paint with a floral design.
A lot of times, I have seen these floral designs and looked at the intricacy behind it and wonder how exactly does someone do that? Or, I don’t even try because it scares me. But, I’m going to encourage y’all to face this minuscule fear and just do it because I am L O V I N G the way this bad boy turned out!
Now, where did I find the wooden flamingo cut out? Though it may seem like it might be pricey, y’all should know me by now to know that I am always on the hunt for a good steal, and this is no exception. Sit down, grip tight and be ready to be impressed by how much this wooden flamingo was…
THIS FLAMINGO CUTOUT WAS $12.99, AND WITH SHIPPING TOTALED $19.98
What?! No way… YES WAY! Have y’all ever looked at Daily Deal sites? First, you should if you haven’t, and second, be sure to be wary of legitimate sites… you can easily have fraudulent charges on your account if not! They aren’t all a crock, but it can be hard to differentiate amongst them all. Just watch your account to be safe after ordering here!
Though I’ve experienced the fraud charges, I’m not 100% sure it came from one of these sites, but I have received all my orders and have never been disappointed! (Knock on wood). But anyways, this came from the SASSY STEALS daily deal site and really was pretty darn easy to find and order.
DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT AN AFFILIATE WITH SASSY STEALS DAILY DEAL SITE – I WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY MONETARY OR OTHER BENEFIT FROM MENTIONING THEM. IT’S REALLY BECAUSE I VALUE THIS SITE AND ALL ITS GOODIES!
Let’s get in to this and let me show you just how easy this really is!
SUPPLIES TO PAINT YOUR FLORAL DESIGN:
- Paper (for practice)
- Pencil (for practice and on the actual piece you’ll paint)
- Various paint colors (acrylic in this case)
- Solid base paint color (I used chalk paint – more to come on that God-send in a later post)
- Various sized paint brushes
- Poster-board, cardboard, whatever, to mix paint colors on
- Small cup or bowl of water
STEPS TO OUTLINE YOUR FLORAL DESIGN:
This will be broken into TWO parts – one to outline your floral design, which I recommend practicing on a sheet of paper first, and then actually painting the floral pattern.
- Use the templates from the FREEBIE VAULT by filling out your email in the form at the top of this post – even if you have already done this, it’s the way to get redirected to the vault!
- But for now, and for those who would like to see a preview of what templates you’re getting, here’s one of the SIX templates included in the vault:
Second set of steps and tidbits when it comes to the painting part:
- Paint the biggest and thickest things first
- For the leaves and stems, add a little water to your mixture and lightly paint, this makes it easier to paint thin lines
- If needed, use a paint pen! They come in thin and thick options, no shame in taking advantage of their assistance
So how about that?! Bet you didn’t realize just how easy it is to do this on your own. I surely didn’t! I’m eagerly looking for more fun things to paint now too… who doesn’t love a good floral pattern?!
Any suggestions or comments? Share with me and everyone else below!
Happy Mother’s Day to all the bomb momma’s out there – especially mine!
Lots of love,
Are you following us?!