Ever see something and you immediately think, “this is so me“? I hope I’m not the only one, but if I am #noshame. I love dogs, that’s no secret, it’s in my blood and I definitely get it from my parents.
Fun fact, they rescued + adopted their sixth dog this week… yes you read that SIXTH
So yes, our dog love runs deeply and fiercely but hey, whatever, we love them and love to help them out. Have my parents’ lives really gone to the dogs? Yes, yes they have and they are proud of it.
When I immediately saw this quote on Pinterest, I felt an instant connection with it – it’s something that I loved so passionately and it was cute, win-win. But why would I pay for a tshirt with graphic print on it when I could easily replicate the shirt in my own way and for much, much cheaper? Alas readers, this is where I ended up. Let’s get started!
DOGS GRAPHIC TEE SUPPLIES:
- Tshirt – I got the super comfy from Target because the flow and fit are more practical for going out rather than a traditional cotton blend one
- Iron on letters
- An iron + ironing board
- A bomb-ass quote – excuse the language but not really because that’s how much I’m loving this post
DOGS GRAPHIC TEE STEPS:
- Cut out the letters you will need from the transfer stencil – notice that they are backwards, but don’t sweat it!
- Lay them out to ensure you are spelling it correctly, and that they are all backwards*
- Place them either in a straight line (it may help to cut the tops exactly close to the letters for this), or do as I did and make them a little “bumpy” to add some character
- Flip them upside down, so now they should be reading correctly to you – and if your confused, see a picture below where the white backing paper is face up
- Iron it down – there probably is a “correct” setting for this, but of course I didn’t read it and my shirt turned out great
- Let it dry – I waited about 10-15 minutes
- Slowly peel back the white backing to reveal your design, and go back over the whole thing gently with your iron to reinforce the adhesion between the fabric and the transfer
- Put it on, wear it out, and be fashionable and proud
*: Double check your letters! Some such as “D”, when flipped can still be the right way, so make sure they are BACKWARDS!
Easy as can be right? Are y’all ready to see the final result, once the letters transfer backing has been removed? Drum roll please….
I really am loving how this came out! I also received tons of compliments from fellow dog-lovers, and it’s comfiness made it ideal for studying, hanging with friends and even going out to a local bar last night! Seriously though, check it out:
So, as you can all see, I really love this shirt. I think I overused the word love in this post, but I don’t really care! Dogs have always had a special spot near my heart, and I love a good tshirt too. Put them together and I feel like I can conquer the world.
What about you? Have a favorite quote or saying that’s super sassy and super trendy? Put it on a shirt and rock that!
Be sure to stay up to date because next post is going to be
S O F R E A K I N G C O O L
Lots of love,
Are you following us?!