I’m o b s e s s i n g right now over the whole pompom // fringe // tassel phase, and even more crazily in love with their migration into shoes. Don’t know what I’m talking about? Here’s a few I’m swooning over:
This might not be everyone’s style, but I’m about to show you my personal take on these fun sandals, that will definitely broaden the horizon on the idea of pompom // fringe // tassel sandals.
SUPPLIES FOR YOUR DIY POMPOM//FRINGE//TASSEL SANDALS:
- Sandals (I say not too expensive because what if you mess up?! but to each his own)
- Hot glue (You are welcome to try other glue, but in my experience, this works the best)
- Your fringe – if you go to Hobby Lobby, check out the home trim section – it’s way better!
STEPS FOR YOUR DIY POMPOM//FRINGE//TASSEL SANDALS:
- Clean your sandals thoroughly
- Measure how long the string will be and cut
- Hot glue the first strip down, then measure again and glue the second strip with the tassels falling one after the other (this is important to get the best coverage! do not overlap the tassels)
- My tassels were a little longer and “free falling” than I liked, so I went back and ran a line of hot glue along the strips of trim and glue down the top part of the tassels to make them more secure
- Let dry and remove any “strings” left by the hot glue gun, and take fabric paint over the small parts where the glue might be showing
- Optional: Cut four tassels off the string, and put one at each side of the ends of trim to give it a more finished look
I know step four is a little confusing, so I attached the above gallery so you can see what I meant by gluing down the tassels. They just look cleaner and it’ll make the fringe tassels last longer!
And, ta da! I love the way they turned out! The simple black color make it an essential for almost every outfit, except when it’s cold… which of course happened to be today in Louisiana.
Anyway, what do y’all think?! Any suggestions on where to get some awesome fringe?! Share with us below, we’d all love to hear.
Lots of love
Are you following us?!